Why is public speaking important?
Nowadays, we are all selling something. Even if we do not like sales, the reality is that we are constantly selling our personal image. That is why harnessing the ability to speak in public is a fundamental tool for promoting ourselves, be it in business, studies or in our developing work and career.
The main objective of this course is to help each participant develop and improve their communication skills when speaking in public, overcome the stress derived from stage fright, improve self-esteem, learn to use appropriate and timely resources in different situations, adequately use body and language in speeches, learn to confidently address any type of audience and thus get your message in an effective way.
Throughout this course, you will acquire the necessary skills to achieve effective and successful communication in public events.
Who is this course for?
Politicians, businessmen, lecturers, students, and in general, to all professionals who feel the need to overcome stage fright and improve their communication skills in public and private environments, with the aim of impacting and persuading any type of audience.
With this course, the participants will be able to:
- Present themselves with confidence before any type of audience
- Overcome stress derived from stage fright
- Use body and non-verbal language effectively
- Leave an impact and persuade any type of audience
- Characteristics of a good speaker
- Stage fright
– Putting it to practice. Each participant will have to give an initial public speech to the class, to face the fear and detect aspects for improvement (video recording and personalised feedback)
- Presentation timing and rehearsals
- Characteristics and structure of good speeches. Use of correct and precise words in order to communicate clearly
– Putting it to practice. Elaboration and presentation of a speech following a structure that is clear and a logical organization of ideas
- The importance of non-verbal and paralinguistic communication
– Putting it to practice. Elaboration of a speech and paying attention to gestures and body movements, different ways of using body language and voice (tone, speed, volume)
- Communication objectives: to convince, persuade, seduce and enthuse. Interaction with the audience, importance of empathy
– Putting it to practice. Preparation of a sincere, persuasive speech that appeals to the interest of the public and awakens an emotional commitment towards the cause
- Resources for achieving communication objectives
– Putting it to practice. Using presentations, objects, posters, and more
- Improvised speeches. Can we give a speech without having prepared it? Learn tips for giving a speech without prior preparation
– Putting it to practice. Presentation of an improvised speech and applying tips for communicating an effective message
- Personal evaluation of each one’s progress
- Final advice for being an excellent communicator
Duration: 16 hours divided in 4 sessions
- Practical teaching with dynamic forms of participation
- Helpful exercises and real on-stage experience
- Audiovisual recordings
Upon completion of the course, each participant will receive a video, CD, or DVD with their presentations during the course.